Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oriental Salad

I had this salad at my aunt Glenda's once. I fell in love and had it several times in the weeks that followed. Even now I just get cravings for it and if I know Brent isn't home for supper I often make this. You see - I'm pretty much the only person that likes this....which is funny because I don't just like it - I LOVE it! I'm adding it because of that...not because I think anyone else will really like it (although i wouldn't mind finding at least one person who does).

3 cooked sliced chicken breasts (I only ever use one because I do an individual sized salad)
- Cube chicken and boil in mixture of 1 cup soy sauce and 1 cup water (you can half these if only using one chicken breast)
1 head lettuce (I use romaine)
1 bundle green onion (I love green onion but honestly as I'm typing this - didn't realize it called for it. LOL)
1/2 package of won ton wrappers cut in strips and fried (I do not like the won ton wrappers and because I don't use them for anything else they go bad...and freezing them is not really the best option. I use tortilla shells (yep taco shells) and cut half of one into strips (cutting the long ones in half again) and fry those up.

The Dressing:
4 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Lemon (3 Tbsp lemon juice)
1/4 cup olive oil

No need to blend this dressing. I just use my tupperware shaker which works perfectly. Pour over salad....Enjoy (hopefully anyways!)

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 3 STARS - I can't give it 5 even though I think it's worth that....In fact considering I'm the only one who likes it a rating of 3 might even be too generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment