Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cheeseball

When I tasted this the first time - well let's just say my in laws are probably still talking about how much I ate. I just couldn't stop. This is a recipe my sister in law, Rachelle found...I have tasted other, really good cheeseballs..and some really not so good ones. This one, for me, still comes out on top. Although my mother made an awesome one this past christmas so I'll have to track down that recipe and post it as well. For now though - this is what you get!

8 oz McLaren's Cheese (Red container, black lid), softened
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
Blend well
Add:
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup chopped pecans (handy chopper)
1/4- 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Chill for 15-30 minutes (easier to shape). Shape into a ball and roll in mixture of:
2 Tbsp chopped pecans
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika

I personally like to make several small cheese balls instead of one large one. They freeze really well in either saran wrap or a ziploc bag. Tastes the best with wheat thin crackers.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment