Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hot Potato Salad

I don't really have a recipe for this - it's kind of just put together. My mom makes it and it's sooo yummy. This is the perfect side dish for a steak dinner...a fun alternative to baked potatoes. This is definitely one that gets asked for...

Peeled Potatoes (I count about 2 per person and then add a few just because)1 Package of bacon (cooked in the oven on parchment paper at 350 until crispy)1 Medium onion (chopped and then fried in the bacon grease poured off from cookie sheet - I know...*ick* but trust me...it is just brilliant!). Cook potatoes until done (don't overcook them). Add cooked and chopped bacon to pot of potatoes (cook it while potatoes are cooking). Add sauteed onions and mix. Add in mayonnaise (maybe about 1/2 cup - but play around with amounts a little) and season with seasoning salt (really it's a personal preference...I have no idea how much - I know that is not helpful at all...a few Tbsp maybe). Oh and don't *mash* the potatoes but most of them end up sort of creaming together...

mmm... I might have to make this sometime this week :)

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

1 comment:

  1. yummy yummy yummy, That's all I have to say about it!

    ReplyDelete