Friday, March 13, 2009

friday's feast

Okay it wasn't really a *feast* but it sure was yummy! Despite really feeling like take out tonight I puttered around and made some dinner. Honey Garlic Chicken and Fried Rice. It was sooooo yummy and really hit the spot - which is good...usually when I'm craving take out nothing BUT take out satisfies me. But tonight....mmmmm, it was great. And hey - I saved about $40 not getting the take out :D

4 boneless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp orange or lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt (I did not add this)
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (I use two...well 4 because I doubled the recipe)
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
dash of pepper

I doubled the recipe for the *sauce* even though I had 5 chicken breasts. But I love sauce and love having extra to dip :) (or in this case pour onto the rice)

Bake uncovered at 400 until chicken is cooked through. I think it was close to an hour...but that's because I sort of just put it in and *forget* about it.

Oh and the best part - LEFTOVERS FOR LUNCH!!! I can't wait - I may dream about it tonight. LOL
I had some snap peas in the fridge that I cut up and added to the fried rice that Brent really liked. The rice tonight was especially delicious....

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

1 comment:

  1. mmmm. That sounds yummy. I think I'll make this tonight!

    ReplyDelete