Friday, March 6, 2009

BEST.ROAST.EVER.

Okay, I've made roasts quite a few times...and honestly they always turn out really yummy. But tonight's...mmm, tonight's was exceptional. I think because it was still pink and soooo tender....I don't usually overcook them, but they are often *cooked* as opposed to tonight....it was perfect.

I put a roast (actually half of one as we figured we can get two meals...so we froze one half) in the crock pot. I always put a package of *french onion soup mix* on top and add about 1/2-1 cup of water. It makes such yummy dark gravy....I also added veggies...I cut up an onion, some carrots, celery, mushroom, and zucchini. Then I threw on another package of *french onion soup mix* (because I felt like it..lol I don't always add a second one though) and some more water (to make lots of gravy) and let it cook. It cooked for 5 hours - 3 of those hours were on high.

Pour the drippings into a pot and cook on high until boiling...add water/corn starch mixture to thicken.

I often add potatoes to the crock pot too but this time decided to do mashed. I had some leftover hot potato salad from Monday still in the fridge so I threw those in when I mashed them. Just to use them up really - didn't impact the flavour much.

I would also have normally done a salad or garlic bread too but skipped out tonight. I can't wait to throw some roast in a pita for lunch tomorrow :D

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment