Friday, March 13, 2009

Ah, Lasagna...

This is the lasagna I grew up with....and it's still (to me) the best I've tasted. Although we did have lasagna at some friends house a couple years ago that was the next best :)

It's so simple and really pretty quick....And soooo yummy!

Brown 1 lb ground beef (sometimes I throw in a diced onion and some diced garlic), drain
Add spaghetti sauce (we use president's choice with mushrooms, or prego because lately it's been cheaper than the pc one)
add some water
I always sprinkle in some parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, and garlic powder

*yes this is the same as my spaghetti sauce*

Mix in a separate bowl:
1 large cottage cheese
2 eggs
about 1/4 - 1/3 cup parmesan cheese

Cook lasagna noodles (I used the no cook ones once and I do not like them at all....so if I get them by accident I cook them anyways first!)
You'll need 9 noodles for a 9x13 pan - I always cook 10 just because at least 1 seems to get stuck to the bottom or something...lol

Add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of the pan (so noodles don't stick) and top with 3 cooked lasagna noodles. Top with half of cottage cheese mixture and half of meatsauce. You can also add some shredded mozzarella here if you want for extra cheesyness. Top with 3 more lasagna noodles, then remaining cottage cheese mixture and meatsauce (sometimes there is a little leftover so I just save it for some noodles and sauce the next day for the kids or something). Top with last 3 lasagna noodles and cover with shredded mozzarella. Bake at 350 until cheese is bubble....if you've made everything fresh, about 30 minutes. I like to broil it for the last few minutes too...If you've made the meatsauce earlier in the day, cook the lasagna for about an hour :)

Add a caesar salad and garlic bread and it's awesome! I also made my sweet potatoes just because I LOVE them....lol

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

p.s. I have never really considered lasagna a *casserole* but it really is, so I included that in the labels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment