Friday, July 17, 2009

Baked Potato Soup...

For any of you who love baked potatoes (I know I do), this is the soup for you! Interestingly, for me - it's not even the potato that I love, it's the sour cream (addict), green onions, and bacon bits I looooove (oh AND the cheese....definitely can't forget the cheese...mmmm). Anyways, this recipe was taken from Brent's cousin, Devynn who also has a cooking blog - you can find it HERE. She tried it and said it was sooo good. It was kind of gloomy so I figured it was the perfect time to try it. It's been a while since I made soup so I was definitely in the mood for it. Here are the ingredients :)

5 medium potatoes, unpeeled and cut into small chunks
3 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup chicken bouillon
3 cups milk (I did 2 cups milk, 1 cup cream)
1/2 cup dehydrated onion flakes (I just diced a small onion)
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar
diced green onion (I did about 4 stalks - just depends on how many people that are eating like them)
Sour Cream

Pierce the potatoes and cook in microwave for about 10 minutes (2-3 minute increments). Let cook and cut into small chunks. Put into crock pot and add water, chicken bouillon,milk (or milk and cream), and onion. Cook on high until potatoes are nice and easily mashed - use a potato masher. You can blend it too, but I just used a masher. Dish into bowls and top with bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion. Oh and sour cream too of course!

I also served this with my orange/almond salad and a french loaf with butter. We fed 7 adults with this amount. It was *just* enough food....I contemplated making a second batch but then I'd have had so much leftover. Not that Brent would have minded - he's still talking about it. I'll probably make it again soon. It was a huge hit and soooo easy. I had it in the crock pot from 10am-5pm. Throw the stuff in and forget about it. Definitely a *make again* meal - perfect for those cool and rainy days, or the winter snow days when you just hunker in and watch videos all day!

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment