Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ah Caramel!

My mother's carmel popcorn recipe is the best I have EVER tasted....I don't actually *love* carmel popcorn, or I didn't think I did. But then I realized it was because it's usually hard....but soft and gooey....carmel popcorn is an absolute weakness. Thank heavens she only makes it a few times a year....

2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 can eagle brand milk
1 cup corn syrup
1/2-1tsp vanilla
sprinkle of salt
4-5 batches of popcorn

Cook first 4 ingredients until almost a soft ball. Add vanilla and salt (my mom salts the popcorn too...I don't though). Pour over popcorn and mix together. OH. MY. WORD. My mom also adds almonds or pecans or something sometimes too, but we always request it without....personal preference I guess :)

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS!!!

**on this note - if you haven't ever tried the popcorn puffs carmel recipe on the back, you MUST!!! It is sooooo good and highly addictive. **

No comments:

Post a Comment