Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cream Puffs...

There is nothing quite like a fresh homemade cream puff (they just don't taste the same the next day). And I love the way my mom makes them. I'll get to the puff part later, but the inside is where it's at! A spoonful of Vanilla instant pudding and one of fresh whipped cream, topped with a drizzle of the most delicious carmel/butterscotch sauce - it's President's choice Gourmet Butterscotch. It's in a glass jar with a red lid....I would have a photo if I could have tracked one down. They are definitely messy but delicious.

For the *puff* part:

1 cup water
1/2 cup butter (I've used margarine even though my recipe says not to use substitutes)
1 cup flour
4 eggs

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth. Spoon into balls and place on baking sheet and put in oven at 400....I'd say about 20 minutes, but keep your eye on them. I can't actually remember how long it takes *oops*. Until golden brown though! Let cool....slice and fill shortly before serving.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment