Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Leftovers??

So in addition to the casserole I just posted - what else do you do with leftover chicken or turkey - or honestly, even ham?? These roll-ups are one of my favorites and really a nice change. It's a great way to use up leftovers so you don't have to eat chicken/turkey sandwiches for a week. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing quite like a leftover chicken/turkey sandwich, but at some point it becomes a little less exciting.

Soooo try this instead :D I don't know how much chicken/turkey/ham to use - lots of times I just buy the rotisserie chicken and use everything off that.

Chopped chicken/turkey/ham
Can of mushrooms
8 oz Cream Cheese (try using just half at first and add from there...depends on how much meat you have)

Mix together (yes with your hands....just make sure you wash them first *ewww*)

Place 1 Tbsp in the center of each Pillsbury Crescent roll (regular size - if you get large, just cut each one in half). Roll up - they look like strangely shaped balls (I should not be laughing at that but I am) but they cook nicely. Dip in melted butter (I start by melting 1/4 cup) and roll in bread crumbs (again, use ritz if you don't have breadcrumbs).

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Then top with the sauce, mmmm:

1 can mushroom soup
1/2 can of cream (I think it's 1/2 and 1/2 that I use - I never remember until I see it at the store. LOL)

Cook on low until heated through. Pour on roll ups before eating. Oh delicious...

This is GREAT with fried rice and the orange/almond salad. Perfect meal! It's a great meal to make for company too - it's really simple and quick and delicious!

I know some people have used leftover gravy instead of the mushroom soup sauce and also loved it.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment