Sunday, April 12, 2009

GIMME AN EGG!!

I LOVE devilled eggs, as does Brent. Although I think I've only ever made them once before. I just don't think to do it, despite being incredibly quick and easy. A friend brought us a plate last week when she brought us dinner, and they were sooo delicious. Brent and I are feeling kind of snacky today (I can't lie - I've been wanting steak all day....and a baked potato with sour cream and real bacon bits...and green onions....*drool*) and nothing seems to be hitting the spot (no, the stir fry situation did not help a bit. lol). We did have some boiled eggs that cracked so could not be used for decorating *shucks* that Brent mentioned I should turn into devilled eggs. So I did (Cuz' I'm a great wife like that *grin*). Here's the recipe I used - super easy and *really* delicious...and a great snack or appy....and a great way to use the cracked eggs or even the decorated ones when it's time to use them! This recipe comes from the Company's Coming - Appetizers Cookbook.

Devilled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup salad dressing (mayonnaise/miracle whip)
1/2 tsp dry mustard (once a staple in this house I haven't used in a looong time and never replenished it when I ran out. So I just used prepared mustard from the fridge...just a squirt)
1/2 tsp salt (as you probably have guessed, I did not add this)
1/8 tsp pepper

Paprika (to sprinkle on afterwards)

Cut eggs in half lengthwise and place on a plate. In a bowl mix yolks (they should crumble), salad dressing, mustard, and salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and spoon into egg white halves. If the mixture seems too dry you can add a bit of milk, although i would be tempted to just add another small bit of salad dressing (in my mind the milk could make it really runny). You can use a pastry tube to make a design with the mixture - I just spoon it in. Sprinkle with Paprika. I prefer them right fresh whereas Brent prefers them from the fridge (cold). Either way they are delicious and really fast!

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment