Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mmmm...I love Jell-o

I've always been a jell-o fan, although never really got a hang of the jell-jigglers sadly....when I tried these at a recent function I knew I HAD to have the recipe. The best part is - they turn out perfectly every time. And if you want to know if they are yummy - we went through 5 pans in 4 days *ack* (okay we did have company that helped, but still!). So easy and so yummy...oh and it sets in just over an hour. How much better can it get?!

3 packages of jell-o (or 1 large package)
3 packages of knox gelatin
2 1/2 cups boiling water
3/4-1 cup whipping cream (not whipped) - I usually measure to between the 3/4 and 1 cup

Mix jell-o and gelatin and add boiling water. Mix well. Add whipping cream (not whipped) and mix thoroughly. Pour into casserole dish and refrigerate. ENJOY!!! I just cut the whole pan into squares and leave it in the fridge like that....we all just help ourselves throughout the day!

Raspberry is a favorite, as is lime. Grape is awesome too....really, they are all sooo tasty. If you feel like getting creative try layering after each one is set. Wait for the new mixture to cool a bit though before pouring it over the set one. DELISH! Add a dollup of whipping cream on the side if you want to make it more dessert-y.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment