Friday, August 7, 2009

Cottage Cheese Waffles??

Yep you read right...Cottage Cheese Waffles. This recipe comes from my fabulous cousin, Tasha! I had to try them simply because they sound so strange. She claims they are *to die for* so I had even more reason to give them a shot. We often make waffles for the kids with whipped cream on them - just something fun when Brent has the day off or Sunday mornings before church. So here's what you do:

Mix in a blender:
1/2 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt (I actually used it this time just to make the recipe as written)
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cottage cheese

These are low carb and high protein (gotta love that!). Don't be alarmed, the *batter* is pretty runny but they cook up like normal. The cottage cheese gives the illusion that they aren't quite cooked through but rest assured they are! They were good - not a whole lot different than regular waffles but if they have a bit more *health factor* I'm willing to eat them. And seriously - they smell AWESOME while they are cooking! Amazing....I'd make them again just for that! LOL All in all, I think they aren't something I'd make all the time simply because I don't have cottage cheese in our fridge at all times. But it is something different, a little healthier, and they taste pretty similar to regular waffles.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 4 STARS - definitely worth trying

No comments:

Post a Comment