Friday, August 7, 2009

Donairs!!!


I've always been a fan of donairs. Not only are they delicious but they also hold special meaning as I recall going to the Flea Market on saturdays with my dad and having donairs for lunch. I loved them then and I love them now - but rarely take the opportunity to get one. When I saw this at our local Wal-mart I had to try them. I was a little leary having tried a ginger beef kit recently that was HORRIBLE (not the same company), but I decided to do it anyways. It was only $5 (they are now $6) so I figured it wouldn't be too big a loss. Boy was I ever shocked - these donairs are AWESOME!!! The sauce, the meat - it's fabulous. I mean, there's nothing quite like a fresh hot donair - but this is definitely the next best thing. and for $6 you get enough for 4! You just can't beat that!

I try not to purchase frozen food but this is quickly become a staple in this house. I had a friend over for lunch one day and we made these up - she went out a couple of days later to buy a couple boxes! Super quick and easy - and totally delicious! And (as my friend and I thought) what a perfect idea when you are having a group together for appetizers or sporting events. Make a few of these boxes up, typical nachos and cheese, chips and dip, etc. And you've got yourself a lovely filling meal. They even give the suggestion on the box for making them into donair pizzas, which would probably work best for large groups. I add diced cucumbers, shredded cheese, lettuce, and sliced white onions to mine. Perfect!

Try them!!!

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 5 STARS!!!

2 comments:

  1. You've sold me! I'm going to pick some up the next time I'm at Walmart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not be disappointed...let me know when you make them :) (yeah, so I can come over. hehe)

    I should pick up a box next week though when you are coming. mmm delish!

    ReplyDelete