Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crockpot Corn

Corn is not one of those things I tend to think there are a lot of different ways to prepare it. It's just...corn. I have been known to add it to my fried rice, or even to a salad (with ranch dressing usually)...but as far as preparing it on its own, it's usually just a pot of corn. My auntie Glenda (also fabulous) submitted this recipe to our family cookbook and it sounded kind of fun I had to try it. Plus, I love using the crockpot...minimum input, maximum output!

5 cups frozen corn
1 small can of green chilis (4oz)
5 hot diced jalapenos - fresh or canned....seeded and diced
1 cup sour cream with chives (if you can't find sour cream with chives, just add a little green onions - that's what I did)

Put in crockpot and stir. Heat on low for about 3 hours or on high for 1 1/2 hours. You can also put it in the oven at 250 for 3 hours or 350 for 1 1/2 hours if you don't have a crockpot. It was good...something different....and I love the kick to it. And really I love anything with sour cream in it (There have been times I've made tacos JUST for the sour cream). This is probably one of those recipes I'll make a couple of times a year - it's not one we are DYING for...but it was definitely worth trying and certainly yummy.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment