Monday, May 25, 2009

oh the deception...

So I posted a while back about this *delicious* lemon loaf....I mentioned that mine never turns out the way my mother in law's does....about 2 months ago I found out why. SHE GAVE ME THE WRONG RECIPE!!!

Seriously.

So here is the real recipe:

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

1 yellow supreme cake mix (*sigh*)
1 lemon instant pudding
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot water
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Bake for 35 minutes (or until sides come away from the pan) at 350.

Glaze:
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Mix together and pour on hot cake

I'm going to try this recipe this week and let you know it's seriously scrumptious rating...assuming of course she gave me the *right* recipe this time. *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment