Monday, March 8, 2010

Sicilian Collard Greens with Pine Nuts and Raisins

Another recipe I've been eyeing for a while. I was so excited to try collard greens and honestly didn't even know if I could get them here. Boy was I ever pleased.

1 bunch collard greens (this is what they are called)
2 Tbsp pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp raisins
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

I LOVE Balsamic vinegar so was really curious to see how this would all go together. I was totally taken aback by the ridiculously expensive pine nuts (like $6 for 4 Tbsp - eep!) so for that reason alone I probably wouldn't make this a ton...unless it was super delicious I had to have it. LOL

In my son's words...

BLECH!!!


I did not like this at all. A friend was over to witness the taste test....Not only did the whole serving make a nice little home in the garbage immediately after taking a bite, I also had to spit out the bite in my mouth. I will not be trying this again and am really glad I didn't make it for dinner for my parents last week.

SERIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS RATING: 0 STARS *blech*

No comments:

Post a Comment